Sunday, September 17, 2017

more destruction, more repair

 
I washed the Cloud In Me because it was grubby.
I always wash my work to embed the stitches.  It's part of my proces.

I washed it in hot water in full cycle - and it came clean but things fell apart.  Also some bleeding from the 9 dots in the center.  So, I washed it again.  Warm water full cycle - and it came cleaner yet but the velvet frayed out of the reverse applique holes.

That green silk velvet is a gift from Connie.  It was the skirt of a Christmas bridesmaid dress she had made for her daughter.    Connie is very frail these days.  I am mending it today by replacing that old velvet.

Can't help but think that this is another metaphor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope that we can have a conversation about creation. Thank you for taking interest. x