Sunday, August 7, 2022

finished in time


green dress, flowered dress, grey linen dress, black dress, teal silk dress, black skirt, 15 days, brown coat, red scarf

packing my favourite clothes 


The second side! 

I wanted to finish this piece so that it could be photographed while we are in England.  

Is it really done? Can it be this easy?  To have an idea and put my head down and carry it out without all the un-doing I usually need to go through.  

No time to worry about such things today.  I am so happy to have made this jazz-like textile. 

(improvisational within a structure) 

3 comments:

  1. my mom's voice came to me as I looked at your latest work ... singing the refrain to "Shine on Harvest Moon"

    I don't envy you trying to pack for 15 days ... here's hoping the travel gods are kind

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((Judy))) love the wild joy in this piece!

    ReplyDelete

I hope that we can have a conversation about creation. Thank you for taking interest. x