Monday, November 9, 2015

gift cloth

 
Anni Albers tells us that textiles used to have two main uses.  Clothing and shelter.
This makes me re-think so much.

Cloth has played many roles in ritual, symbol, political and social power, and in our daily domestic lives.  Considering the story of the materials I choose to use in this wider aspect, I am given new ways to work with them on a conceptual level.

I want to make physical objects with materials that can be touched and felt that yield more thoughts and imaginings than one can possibly understand.

2 comments:

  1. your work (albeit virtually through your photographs here on your blog) has taught me so much about the haptic qualities of cloth & thread...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Mo.
      Teaching is helping me to learn.
      xo

      Delete

I hope that we can have a conversation about creation. Thank you for taking interest. x