Wednesday, November 11, 2015

story cloth

 
 
I've been given a zillion men's ties.
100 percent silk are on one wall.
100 percent polyester are on another.
There are maybe two or three that are blends - I deal with those intuitively and logically.
Sorting.
Looking.
My husband peeks in and says...."This is totally off track .  What are you doing???"

I have no answer.
Maybe, I have an idea to make star maps.
They were given to me by a nurse who worked 20 years in a nursing home.
I can well imagine where these ties came from and all the stories that surround each one.

5 comments:

  1. There are at least as many more still in bags and boxes.
    Each different.
    It is astounding. I am considering them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does seem astounding. I am curious to see what happens with your considerations

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm.... reminds me of the time I was given 40 crates of end of line ceramic tiles, they were all lovely but took up so much space in the studio I couldn't get near my workbench to do anything with them! ended up keeping one crate and giving the rest to Reverse Garbage a recycling depot for all sorts of industrial waste

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel that these have some power. I need to work with them in some way. x

    ReplyDelete

I hope that we can have a conversation about creation. Thank you for taking interest. x