Saturday, December 4, 2021

wind over water


 You paint like you create textiles and create textiles like you paint.  Wonderful.  I once had a tutor who told me to draw like you stitch and stitch like you draw.  You have achieved that.

You also demonstrate a strong understanding of a wide variety of artists and contextualize your work within 20th century allowing the artist’s thoughts to impinge and become integrated into your own thinking.  From that, you then allow the influences to develop into something new.  

Well done. 

From tutor Kay Swancutt’s email, 2011 

3 comments:

  1. your title brought back the gentle harmonies of Graham Nash and David Crosby ...

    Under the bridges
    Over the foam
    Wind on the water
    Carry me home

    and in my mind's eye, I see the patches moving ... carried by the wind that is your hand, until they land in their final home

    ReplyDelete

I hope that we can have a conversation about creation. Thank you for taking interest. x